Our current and forthcoming activities include:
- A Survey to identify important research software, data and services, and to identify unfilled requirements. This survey ran during autumn 2010 and spring 2011: read more about it here.
- A Development Service to make research software available as robust and usable software.
- A Software Repository as a one-stop shop for software of interest to audio and music researchers and a place for researchers to store and coordinate their own software development work. Following early information-gathering exercises, our Code Repository and Project service launched in December 2010 and we encourage researchers across the UK to make use of it.
- A Dataset Repository to hold and maintain key experimental datasets and metadata.
- Advice and Training in the use of available software, and best practice in developing sustainable software. We are working on a number of resources to be made available through this site.
- Workshops and visits about research software, including the UK Autumn School 2010. Video footage of much of this school is also available.