- About us
First Workshop on Maintainable Software Practices in e-Science
The 1st Workshop on Maintainable Software Practices in e-Science, co-located with the 8th IEEE International Conference on eScience, provides a dedicated forum for the research community to discuss new research, experiences and best practice in developing and maintaining software within an e-Science context.
The workshop will focus on the issues relating to the development and maintenance of software that can endure past the limited periods of defined project durations and project funding, and will go beyond software engineering best practice to address aspects of cultural, organisational and policy change.
Submissions are being invited of either short (4 pages) position/experiences abstracts, or full (8 pages) research papers featuring original, unpublished work.
Topics of interest include:
- software engineering and software product management best practice as applied to e-Science and computational science;
- community development, collaborative development, and widening adoption;
- licensing, funding, and business models for eScience and research software;
- managing governance and organisational change during the software lifecycle;
- measuring and analysing the impact of software and software processes;
- software attribution, citation, and credit;
- interaction between researchers, developers and stakeholders;
- transferable software practices from industry.
See the workshop website at http://software.ac.uk/maintainable-software-practice-workshop for more information.